How you can help the homeless animals at the Rome shelter.
HUMANE SOCIETY OF ROME, INC.
P.O. Box 4572
Rome, New York 13442-4572
Shelter: (315) 336-7070 / Office: (315) 337-1434
Fax: (315) 336-4918 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Tues – Sat 11-5, Sun 11-3, closed Mon
Animal Shelter in the Mohawk Valley Since 1956
Our Animals Need Year Round Care. Here are ways that you can directly help and support them.
- Please make a donation. Cash, checks, or credit cards are all accepted and greatly appreciated to help the shelter to purchase the items we need the most. All donations are tax deductible. Your donation will help us provide the quality care on a year round basis.
- Consider sponsoring an animal. For one month of care $25 per animal will help cover expenses for that month.
- Please become a member of the Humane Society of Rome. Individual memberships are only $25. Encourage family, friends and your place of business to become members. All memberships are tax deductible. They make wonderful gifts!
- Become a Volunteer. Ask how you can get involved.
- Donate items from our Wish List below. You can either drop them off at the shelter or call for a pick-up. Please remember, we need these items on a daily and monthly basis.
- Finally, the most obvious, adopt one (or more!) of our beautiful, loving animals. They all need a forever home. Open your heart and hom. Give a stray a home-adopt from our shelter.
- Liquid laundry soap
- New litter pans
- Cleaning products
- Washable toys
- Reams of paper
- Cat/dog treats
- Totes (any size)
- Brooms/dust pans
- Animal carriers
- Pet gift certificates
- Manila folders
- Raw hide chips/bones
- Flea combs
- Dryer sheets
- Garbage bags (13 and 32 gallon)
- Liquid dish soap
- Scrub sponges
- Heavy duty clippers
- Blank address labels
- Lowe’s / Ace gift certificates
If you have other items that you would like to donate, have questions, or would like to find out how you can include the Humane Society in your will, please call 315.337.1434. Help us help the Animals.
Thank you for caring.
The Staff and all the Animals